Tuesday, February 24, 2009

#7, Ben

#7
Beer: Shakespeare Stout
Brewery: Rogue Ales Brewery, Oregon
Category: American Stout
Date Drank: 2/24/09
Grade: A
Location purchased/drank: Wine and Cheese Cask
Served from a: 22 0z bottle

This is what I want to taste when I drink a stout. As we know, I am a hoppy person, not the stout person that Beth is, but I think that it is a fine style of beer. When drink a stout, I want a nice body, but not one that chokes you as you drink it. I want to think of chocolate and coffee, the two best flavors for a stout. And this is a mixture of the two. It was a stout that I didn't mind drinking at all and I wanted more. It was refreshing! You don't think that about stouts, since they are more a desserty beer. But this one was just so damned enjoyable.

No comments: