Saturday, June 6, 2009

#29, Ben

So ridiculously behind in this, because I have had a lot of beer wince my last post and I should be in the 40's, easily. But, I had a beer that was worth posting about right away.

Beer: 75 Minute IPA
Brewery: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Delaware
Category: American IPA
Date Drank: 6/6/09
Grade: A
Location purchased/drank: The Other Side
Served from a: Cask

Cask beers are my new love. I think that they taste more "real" from a cask. Not that I have anything against any other method, but I just feel so in tune with the brewer when the beer comes from a cask. Now, I traditionally want my casks a little more room temperature, but that was my only complaint about the beer. It was really a great balance between the 60 and the 90 minute IPAs. While the 60 is safely smooth and the 90 is undoubtedly tart, the 75 plays gently between the two. It was very drinkable, but flavorful enough to make each sip an enjoyable one.

This beer does not come out in bottles, as far as I know, but is definitely worth the drink.

No comments: