Thursday, April 2, 2009

#17 & 18 (they won't let me tag enough)

#17
Beer: Ipswich Original Ale
Brewery: Mercury Brewing Company, Massachusetts
Category: English Pale Ale
Date Drank: sometime with dinner the first week of the NCAA tournament :-P
Grade: B
Location purchased/drank: Whole Foods/home
Served from a: bottle

Complex, balanced, caramelly-flavor. Fruity overtones.

#18
Beer: Bass Pale Ale
Brewery: Bass Brewers Limited, UK
Category: English Pale Ale
Date Drank: 3/21/09
Grade: C+
Location purchased/drank: The Thirsty Scholar
Served from a: Tap

I know I'm in the minority on this, but this was my College Beer. Having a party? My friends all bought bottles of vodka and I stocked up my fridge with Bass. I will always associate it with those days, and therefore always have a fondness for it. Lovely gateway beer into craft beer. It's a lovely, drinkable, sessionable, flavorful beer (especially for beers available at Sam's Club or BJs or where ever we bought all our party supplies). Caramelly, almost-tannic. Nice beer, always a good back up choice for me.

No comments: