Thursday, April 2, 2009

#24 and #25 for Ben

One quarter of the way through. I really need to make a list so I know what I need to drink. The beer fest samples will not count, sadly.

Beer: 90 Minute IPA
Brewery: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Delaware
Category: American Double IPA
Date Drank: 3/25/09
Grade: B+
Location purchased/drank: Whole Foods
Served from a: Bottle

I know that I love this beer and I know that I have had it better from the tap at the Independent. But, that's okay. I still recommend it from the bottle. For the hop-head, like I, this is the best of the Minutes group... that I have tried. I want to try the 75 minute when I can. Wherever it may be. The numbers have to do with the alcohol level in the beer, so this is pretty strong for a social beer. I think, though, why this isn't in the A-range is that I am put off by raisin-y flavor. Shame, because that is the way a lot of my favorite beers go. I'm not disgusted, but it certainly is a B-level flavor for me.

Beer: Red Rocket Ale
Brewery: Bear Republic Brewing, California
Category: American Amber
Date Drank: 3/31/09
Grade: B+
Location purchased/drank: The Independent
Served from a: Tap

Bear Republic is quickly becoming one of my favorite brewers. This beer is a nice go-between for both Beth and I, since we both had it. It is a light beer for her, a dark for me. It was very well balanced between the malt and the hops. It is a great example of an Amber. But, I didn't drink a second glass of it. It was about as far away I wanted to stray for my normal beers that day.

No comments: