Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ben, #20, #21

Beer: #9
Brewery: Magic Hat Brewing Company, Vermont
Category: Fruit/Vegetable Beer
Date Drank: 3/21/09 & 3/27/09
Grade: B-
Location purchased/drank: The Thirsty Scholar & Champions & bottle
Served from a: Tap & bottle

I never thought that I would give one of my gateway beers such a low grade. But really, in the large scheme, it is not all that low. I just know what I like and I tend to only drink that way. But, anyway, Magic Hat, to where Beth and I even went to the brewery on our honeymoon, is a good beer company with good beer. You definitely should try it if you are ever near it. It is the imfamous apricot beer. It is smooth as drinking anything full of citrus can be. Hazy, and medium. Not that heavy in alcohol, so it is a good every day type of drink. Sometimes it is a relief for me to see this on the menu, like at Champions, but with Thirsty Scholar, where I expect more selection, just resolved to drink this because I know what to expect.

Beer: Tremont Ale
Brewery: Shipyard Brewing Co., Maine
Category: English Pale Ale
Date Drank: 3/21/09
Grade: B
Location purchased/drank: The Thirsty Scholar
Served from a: Tap

This beer is a little powerhouse of an English Ale. I am starting to see that I like the English Pale Ales, and never really seem to want to get an American Pale Ale. Typically English ingredients and hard water are what make the flavor. Buttery. Hoppy. Yes, these are ingredients that I can get behind.

No comments: