Monday, March 9, 2009

Ben's #15

I need to maybe keep a list on my person so I know what I have and have not reviewed. Probably right now is fine, but imagine about 70 beers in?

Beer:
Brutal Bitter Ale
Brewery: Rogue Ales Brewery, Oregon
Category: Extra Special/Strong Bitter
Date Drank: 3/9/09
Grade: B+
Location purchased/drank: Wine and Cheese Cask/home
Served from a: 22 oz Bottle in a glass

This is a hop lover's beer. You take a sip and say, "My, this is bitter. Yet coyingly enjoyful." Hoppy, yes, but the malt is there to tune it down. But just a little. The balance is kinda like a sweet &sour sauce. The whole ah-ooh affect. But, being brutal, this beer only does get a B+ for it is more of a novelty than a thirst quencher. I put down my glass and felt happy, but was okay that I didn't have more.

No comments: